Hi Im Mark an award winning wedding photographer with over 30 years experience in the wedding industry where with my camera I have photographed over 1000 weddings at most prestigious wedding venues in the UK
I was really proud to become the first and still one of just a handful of UK photographers to be awarded a double fellowship for candid documentary reportage wedding photography ( akin to 3 Michelin stars in the restaurant world ! ). Developing my own recognisable documentary wedding photography style with beautiful Black and White timeless photographs with an emphasis on wedding day observation ; capturing storytelling moments in a reportage style that are full of emotion and that tell the unique story of your perfect wedding day whilst you are making memories with your family and wedding guests.
Mark Seymour with his first Camera a Kodak Box Brownie
Our Family wedding
I have had my wedding photographs published along with many articles in most of the top wedding and photography publications as well as well known wedding blogs and wedding photography related websites.
Professionally, I chaired the London Portrait Group between 2004 and 2009 and have had successful photo exhibitions at Windsor’s Manley’s Art Gallery in conjunction with Rhubarb and Custard, Tapestry in Soho and with The Hope Foundation where my photographs were exhibited at the Virgin Money Lounge in London.
Most recently I’ve had a photography exhibition to raise awareness for Alzheimer’s at the oldest Knightsbridge Art and photo Gallery, Andipa, which got world-wide media attention.
I love to travel of the beaten track with my camera in hand photographing people stories in India, Myanmar and Vietnam. Family is so important to me with three great sons and a wonderful mum and nothing can beat spending time with them.
During the past twenty years as a documentary wedding photographer I developed my reputation as one of UK’s leading award winning wedding photographers, winning numerous prestigious awards and gaining many accolades, including becoming the Nikon UK ambassador for wedding photography.
Engaging me as your wedding photographer will ensure you have one of the best documentary and reportage wedding photographers in the world to capture your special day and you can be assured of a stunning bridal album of the most beautiful wedding photographs to treasure and relive your day.
Here are some of the more notable awards that Mark has won
- MPA (Master Photographers Association) European Wedding photographer of the year
- 3 x winner of The MPA UK Wedding Photographer of the Year, judged by Mario Acerboni
- MPA UK Wedding Photographer of the Year, Brides choice
- Nominated as one of the UK’s top ten wedding Photographers by GoHen
- Six Fearless photographer awards ( amongst the most difficult to achieve in the UK )
- MPAc Editorial Photographer of the Year
- You and Your Wedding Photographer of the Year
- Various awards with WPJA(Wedding Photojournalist Association) including editorial choice
- Numerous awards with ISPWP (International Society of Professional Wedding Photographers)
Here are some of the highlights of Marks illustrious career in professional wedding photography
- Mark was the first photographer to gain an associateship for his documentary wedding photography and reportage wedding photography with The Master Photographer Association ( MPA )
- Chairman of The London Portrait group for 5 years, during which time Mark hosted events with photographic legends including Bob Carlos Clarke, Barry Lategan, John Swanell and John Stoddart. Whilst chairing the group Mark raised thousands of pounds for The Disabled Photographers Association.
- Approaching the end of Marks tenureship at The London Portrait Group he published a limited number of special edition books featuring the works of many of the amazing photographers who spoke at the group during his time as Chairman.
- As a Jewish wedding photographer Mark is a regular speaker at MPA seminars providing an insight into his award winning documentary style wedding photography,reportage wedding photography and bridal wedding photography.
- Mark is privileged to have been working in partnership with Nikon UK for many years providing feedback on new ideas and products in the wedding photography market. In April 2013 Mark was asked by Nikon UK to be one of their six Ambassadors of Photography
Portrait of Jimmy Choo at The National Portrait Gallery
BBC On Line Article
Daily Mail Article